Duties and Responsibilities
The Payroll Specialist will be responsible for processing payroll data and assist in GlobalView (technical) support to internal UTC business partners. In this role, you will also contribute in GlobalView functionality and configuration bringing high quality, timely, and accurate solutions to BU’s end-users. A critical success factor will be your ability to work alongside the Country Payroll Manager in leading the GFS shared services team in country and to provide advanced knowledge of Workday to GlobalView integrations within the UTC global HRIS and Payroll framework. Self-discipline to remain current on payroll legislation and best practices is paramount as you will be a key, go-to resource.
Core activities of the position
- Processing, checking and final checks on all regular (retroactive) processed salary mutations.
- Garnishment processing.
- Answer related salary questions to employees and or internally BU’s – departments (HR / Finance).
- Performing data integrity checks on Globalview (SAP) wage components.
- Providing reports on salary data on request.
- Create final salary payment packages.
- Correct and timely processing of changed tax measures, cao and working conditions.
- Interact effectively with GFS SSC team, ADP – CS (Tsjechie) and BU’s end-users to bring prompt resolution to payroll impacting issues (diagnose problems, solution bugs, and recommend / implement enhancements).
- Assist in determining test methodology, test data setup, develop test plans and execute test plans as needed.
- Provide regular status updates against known issues, upgrades, and/or test plans.
- Design and deploy standard processes across country as required.
- Supports the GFS SSC team with training requirements and knowledge transfer of Globalview (SAP) configuration.
- Act as a delegate to approve ADP CRM tickets in the absence of the Country Payroll Manager.
- Processing of CRM - change requests with ADP and Country Payroll Manager.
- Act as a delegate for escalation in the absence of the Country Payroll Manager.
Qualities and requirements
- HBO working and thinking level and successfully completed professional Payroll studies.
- Excellent knowledge and experience with automated payroll processing, this in combination with approved a number of years relevant working experience.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft office (Excel and Word).
- Good knowledge of SAP is a pre.
In addition, you take the following competences:
- Service (result-and customer-oriented), strong in teamwork, structuring and organizing.
- Analytical thinking.
- Communicative very skillful in both Dutch and English (in speak and written).
- In order to be successful in this position you will work accurately and are you flexible, proactive